One Iowa Staff and Volunteers Available for Comment
June is Pride Month and One Iowa, the state’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) advocacy organization, will be at events in cities across Iowa. Pride Month celebrates the LGBT community and the progress we have made towards full equality for LGBT people. This year, One Iowa will join advocates, allies and friends in celebrating three years of marriage equality in the Heartland at festivals and parades around the state. One Iowa staff and volunteers will be at events with materials, resources, and information, and will be available to talk about our work.
We will be at the following Pride events:
Cedar Rapids PrideFest: June 2, Cedar Rapids
Quad Cities PrideFest: June 2-3, Davenport
Capital City Pride: June 9-10, Des Moines
Iowa City Pride: June 16, Iowa City
Heartland Pride: June 30, Omaha
In addition to our presence at Pride events, One Iowa will also be hosting the One Iowa Pride Ride & Run. The Pride Ride & Run is a healthy, fun and kid-friendly way to support One Iowa’s work. Here are the event details:
• Saturday, June 16
• Water Works Park, 2201 George Flagg Parkway, Des Moines
• Registration at 8:30 am; Pride Ride & Run begins at 9 am; Family picnic at 11 am
• Route: 20 mile bike ride, a 5 mile family ride, or a 5k for runners. This is not a race!
• Cost is $20 for adults and $10 for children. All proceeds benefit One Iowa.
• For more information, visit www.bit.ly/PrideRide